Hi, I’m Jessica, and I’m here to help you.
I know that as you’re looking for a therapist, you want someone who gets what you’re going through. Someone who is ready to meet you right in the middle of the mess. You want someone who will understand you and help you.
So before I tell you about myself and my experience, let me first share with you a little about the clients that tend to get the most out of therapy with me. After all, therapy is about you and I want you to feel that I’m also the right fit for you.
Clients who benefit most from therapy with me are very active and engaged in the process. When they come, they’re open to change and they strive for honesty. The clients I find the most success with prioritize the work we do in therapy, doing what it takes in and out of session to work on connecting better in their relationships and experiencing growth. They are driven and determined to create real change in their lives.
Now here’s what you can expect from me as your therapist.
I am genuinely engaged in your process. I know that when you participate in therapy, you’re prioritizing it in your schedule, your finances, and your relationships. So I work diligently to help you get the most out of our work together.
I will walk with you in the deep, muddy pits of life, and celebrate with you in the refreshing changes. I’m straightforward and active in therapy. When you share your experiences, you can trust that I’m listening, understanding, and supporting you each step of the way. I will challenge the moments you feel stuck to help push you back in the direction you want to go.
I truly care about you and your unique experiences. I work to provide the highest value through an individualized approach to your needs.
I especially love working with couples, particularly when they’re facing challenges like fertility issues, infidelity, and other major stressors. I also enjoying doing premarital counseling and helping couples use their strengths to prepare for marriage, more fully understand each other’s needs, and explore how they can work together to keep a strong, loving relationship.
Training and Education
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Certified EFT Therapist (Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Master of Marriage and Family Therapy, Converse College, SC
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Presbyterian College, SC
- Completed Externship in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy
- Completed Core Skills Trainings in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy
- Member of International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Member of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Certified Prepare-Enrich Facilitator
- Certified Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) Facilitator
- Completed training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
The fun doesn’t end here though! I love learning and staying up-to-date on the most effective evidenced-based therapy practices. I attend conferences and trainings to continuously grow my expertise.
I’m also currently on the journey to becoming a fully certified Emotionally Focused Couple Therapist, which you can learn more about HERE.
Ready to repair your relationship?
You can learn more about the counseling services I offer couples and individuals, or book your consultation today!
During your consultation, we can discuss what you need from therapy and how I can help you. You get answers to any other questions you have, so that you can be confident you’re making the right decision when you begin therapy.